Friday, September 5, 2008

Don't Want to Comment? No Need!

I've added a couple of test features to the blog. As I've stated before, I'm surprised to find out how many people stop by and read my stuff. I'd suspect the ratio of readers to people that actually comment on posts is right around 20:1. To accommodate the lurkers I have added the following less-involved ways to show you've been here:

Star Ratings - At the bottom of each post you can rate the article on a 1-5 star scale. I went ahead and voted for my Neil Diamond post just to see what's involved. It's very simple...no comments needed, no identification...perfect for you lurkers!

Digg - Failed miserably. Removed it from the blog :)

Feel free to start voting on posts. I have turtle-shell like skin and am almost impossible to offend. Right mom? If you have some spare time, pull up some older posts and give them some stars.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Okay, I'm a lurker and I'm going to come clean. You probably won't even notice this comment, as it is now so far down the page from your newer blogs. (So you'll never know I'm here...(lurker humor). I don't mean to be a lurker, but darn it, I really love your blogsite and I come to it often to get a good laugh and marvel and your skill for writing. I really enjoy your sarcastic wit. And hey, in reference to your earliest blog. There are two kinds of sarcasm, light and dark. I have never felt your sarcasm to be dark and negative. I have always come away from reading your posts feeling the lightheartedness and the spirit it was intended to be taken with, and really enjoying it.
I know the reason a lot of people just come here to read and enjoy, and don't post is because, well, technically we haven't been invited and don't want to impose on your privacy. But hey, I figure what's the satisfaction of writing such great material when you don't know how appreciated it is? So, I'm letting you know I appreciate it, and hope it's okay that I visit, and maybe comment once in awhile. I'm not a "stranger", I have been a fan of yours since you were little. Maren suggested I check out your blog, and I'm glad I did. There. I'm not a lurker any more, and it feels good.